Reid Traditional Schools’ Preschool Program
expands a preschooler’s knowledge and prepares them
to be successful in kindergarten through age-appropriate
academics using weekly thematic units of learning.
New for 2017-2018:
We will be offering Full Day and Half Day Preschool
with before and after school care available!
Reid Traditional Schools’ Preschool is dedicated to providing a nurturing educational environment that prepares four-year-old children for kindergarten success. Please click on the topics below for detailed information about our programs.
Thematic units will focus on:
• Phonemic awareness and letter recognition
• Awareness of print and early reading concepts
• Number recognition and early math concepts
• Critical thinking skills such as predicting, recalling events, and sequencing
• Music, Art, and Movement will be used to develop fine and gross motor skills.
Language and Literacy Development
• Instilling the love of reading through listening to fine literature
• Retelling stories and drawing pictures about stories
• Understanding the relationship between letters and sounds (early phonics)
• Knowledge of print
• Written expression with use of words or drawings to convey meaning
• Understanding directions (up, down, top, bottom, etc.)
• Recognizing numbers
• Simple problem solving
• Patterns and functions (basic shapes, colors, and classifications)
As children explore the classroom and outdoor environments, they learn about science and the role it plays in our lives.
The focus is on developing an understanding of:
• Making and recording observations (the concepts of same and different)
• Exploring our environment (the five senses)
• Exploring our earth (weather, plants, and animals)
Music is shared each day. Children enjoy listening to music, learning dance, creative movement, and singing.
Creative Arts and Expression
Experiences are planned for the sheer joy and excitement of self expression through art, including coloring, painting, drawing, and making objects and crafts.
Physical fitness activities are designed to help children develop basic motor skills (run, hop, jump, skip, etc.) and experience the meaning of team play.
To be eligible for preschool, the child must be four years old on or before August 31st of the school year and must be fully toilet trained.
- Full Day Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Half Day Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Before School Care Opens: 6:30 a.m.
- After School Care Closes: 6:15 p.m.
Please note that Preschool follows the school’s calendar including Winter Break, Spring Break, Monday Holidays, and half days.
PRESCHOOL TUITION 2017-2018
Full Day Preschool tuition is $5850 per year, payable in ten monthly payments of $585.
Half Day tuition is $3500 per year, payable in ten monthly payments of $350.
Discounts are available to those who pre-pay for the full year, as well as to those with a sibling enrolled at the same Reid Traditional School.
When we offer your child enrollment, a $40 registration fee and the first month of tuition are required to secure your classroom position. These payments are non-refundable.
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE RATES
Prices for Before and After School Care may be adjusted for the 2017-2018 school year.
Before School Care (6:30-8:30): $3.50 per day
After School Care (3:30-6:15): $5 per hour (attendance is rounded to the nearest 15 minutes)
There is a $40 registration fee for the Before and After School program.
We encourage you to complete a Pre-Enrollment Application form to join the waiting list. Preschool waiting list applications may be submitted beginning the first Monday in November for the following school year.
Students must be four years old on or before August 31st of the school year in order to be placed on the Waiting List, and they must be fully potty trained. Placement in preschool is offered based upon the Waiting List. There is not a lottery for preschool placement.
You are invited to join us in mid-March for our Preschool Open House. You and your child may visit the classrooms and playgrounds, chat with our teachers, and see samples of the curriculum.
In late March, we will begin notifying families that placement is available, and we will continue to contact families about registration until all places have been reserved. The $40 registration fee and first month’s tuition are required to reserve your child’s place; these payments are not refundable.
We would love to have every one of our preschoolers attend Painted Rock Academy’s kindergarten, but membership in our preschool program does not give priority placement status for following year’s Kindergarten class. We do, however, make sure our preschool families know when the public kindergarten Open Enrollment windows are, for the greatest likelihood of being offered enrollment.