Reid Traditional Schools uses Google Calendar as the tool to manage all of our important dates and activities. The information shown on this calendar can easily be added to your own Google account and your Google calendar to merge with your private schedule that is viewed only by you.
Below are some instructions to help you set up a Google calendar and/or to add RTS activities to your personal Google calendar:
CREATE NEW PERSONAL GOOGLE CALENDAR:
- To create a personal Google calendar and sign up for free. Go to Google Calendar. If you already have a Google account (i.e. Gmail, Google+, etc.) you can sign up on this page using your existing Google login information.
- Next to My calendars, click the drop down arrow > Create new calendar.
- Enter information about your new calendar.
- Click Create calendar.
Click below for further instructions or to troubleshoot directly with Google.GOOGLE CALENDAR INSTRUCTIONS
ADD REID TRADITIONAL SCHOOLS CALENDAR TO YOUR PERSONAL GOOGLE CALENDAR
With Google Calendars you can easily add calendars to merge appointments so that your personal calendar shows all activities in one place. This is a great time management tool for our busy parents and guardians.
ADD ENTIRE RTS CALENDAR TO YOUR PERSONAL CALENDAR:
With Google Calendar, it is easy to add calendars together so you can have all of your data in one place. Follow the instructions below to merge all dates and activities listed on the RTS calendar into your personal calendar:
- To add the RTS Google Calendar to your personal calendar, simply login to your personal calendar, (if you don’t have one, refer to instructions above)
- Click the Add button below the Other Calendars box in the left column
- Select Add by URL.
- Paste the following URL (must be this link exactly) into the field and click Add:
ADD A SINGLE RTS EVENT TO YOUR PERSONAL CALENDAR:
Some people prefer to add only certain school activities that are pertinent to their personal schedules and would prefer not to add the entire RTS calendar to their personal calendar. If you’d like to add only relevant information, this can be done on an event by event basis as follows:
- Click on RTS Google Calendar
- Hover over the item listed on the calendar that you want to add to your personal calendar and a pop-up window will appear with the event details.
- Click copy to my calendar
To find out more about Google Calendar and see all of the options and ways you can customize and utilize your calendar, click below:GOOGLE CALENDAR OVERVIEW